Causes: This can happen when a device in ‘normal’ operating mode has been hardware reset which then powers down and turns off. The device will startup in setup mode the next time it is turned on.
A hardware reset will also delete the WiFi credentials stored on the sensor, however the plug retains a whitelist of previously paired sensors. You can pair the sensor with the plug again by following the steps below. The plug will provide WiFi credentials to any physically-close and previously-paired sensors (on its white list) in the “Setup Mode'' state.
Before proceeding to pair your sensor to the plug, check the operating mode of your sensor.
- If the sensor is in Normal Operation Mode it has not been hardware reset and should still be functioning.
- If the sensor is off, or in setup mode you can proceed to pair the sensor with the plug.
Normal Operation Mode - The sensor will display a single green light travelling across every 6 seconds, indicating the device is in normal operation mode.
Device is off - if no LEDs light up after at least 6 seconds the device has powered down.
Setup Mode - The sensor will show 4 increasing green LED’s, and then 2 outer yellow LED’s indicating that the sensor is in setup mode, and is awaiting connection to your plug. If no connection is made the sensor will power down after 60 seconds.
Pairing the sensor with the plug
Follow the below steps in order to re-pair your sensor with your plug.
- Press the plug button once, the bottom LED will start blinking pink.
- Move your sensor near the plug while it is blinking pink and turn the sensor on by pressing the button momentarily if it is not already on.
- After turning on, the sensor will show solid yellow outer lights.
- The sensor will then go through and pick up the WiFi credentials from the plug and display the following sequence: blue outer lights, cyan outer lights, light green outer lights and finally green outer lights indicating the sensor has paired successfully.
- The sensor will now be in install mode and start displaying a single red LED to indicate weak signal strength.
- You can then reposition the sensor with the green LEDs indicating the strongest signal per the initial installation process.
- Once the strongest signal is found, re-attach the device using the silicone strap or the velcro attachment strips as appropriate.
- Press the sensor button once again to get the sensor out of install mode, this should return it to normal operating mode.
- Check the devices page in the App to confirm the sensor has been successfully set up.